Your library card gives you access to more than 5 million items from the BCCLS consortium of libraries to which we belong including bestsellers, audiobooks, DVDs, music CDs, video games, periodicals, downloadable e-books, and e-audiobooks. A valid library card must be presented to borrow materials.
How to Get a Library Card
Adult library cards are free to all Wyckoff residents 18 years or older with proper identification: valid driver’s license or current utility bill with Wyckoff address is acceptable. Children are eligible for their own cards, signed by a parent or guardian, after they enter 1st grade. You must present a valid library card to borrow materials.
Register for a library card either online or in person. If you’ve had a library card in another BCCLS town and have moved to Wyckoff, please visit us in person to complete a registration card.
Wyckoff Public Library offers Courtesy Cards to patrons who work or attend school in Wyckoff but do not live in a BCCLS town. The Courtesy Card is for walk-in use at the Wyckoff Public Library only. These cards offer no access to inter-library loans or eBCCLS.
The Library will make Courtesy Cards available to non-residents on the following basis:
- One-year, complimentary cards may be issued to employees of the Wyckoff Public Schools or the Township of Wyckoff upon presentation of proof of employment and home address. Cards are renewable annually upon verification of employment.
- One-year, complimentary cards may be issued to Wyckoff business owners upon presentation of proof of Wyckoff property ownership or property lease and home address. Cards are renewable annually upon verification of ownership or lease.
- One-year, complimentary cards may be issued to non-resident students attending Wyckoff Public Schools with proof of enrollment, if not residing in a BCCLS town.
Make the Most of Your Card
When you register for your library card, be sure to get a pin number and include your e-mail address so you can manage your account online 24/7. This will enable you to:
- Request items from any device with Internet access
- Check due dates and renew items online (as long as there are no outstanding requests or it is a rental/high demand item)
- Receive email notifications when requested items arrive at the library
- Receive email reminders before items are due
Please note, your card will be blocked if your privilege expires, you owe $10 or more in fines, or you have an outstanding number of overdue items.
Renew or Replace Your Library Card
Patrons must renew their cards every three years by showing Wyckoff identification.