NOTARY PUBLIC SERVICE GUIDELINES
The Wyckoff Public Library offers Notary Public service to community members. A Notary is not available during all Library hours, therefore it is strongly recommended that an appointment be made by telephone (201-891-4866).
- Valid photo ID must be presented. A current driver’s license, county ID, or passport is recommended.
- DO NOT SIGN the document before coming to the Library. Signing of the document must take place in the presence of the Notary.
- Documents must be clearly understood by the Notary. Documents in any language other than English will not be notarized at the Library.
- If a witness is required, please bring a witness with you. In order to serve as a witness, the witness must personally know the person whose document is being notarized and present valid ID. The Notary cannot act as a witness.
- The Library provides only basic notary services. Notary service is not available for mortgage or real estate documents, deeds, wills, living wills, living trusts, codicils or depositions.
- Notary Service is limited to three documents per person, per visit.
- Notaries cannot provide legal advice or counseling regarding documents.
- Certain public documents cannot be copied and notarized. Examples of these are birth certificates, death certificates and marriage certificates.
- In accordance with New Jersey Notarial Law, notaries reserve the right to decline service if the document(s), identification or circumstances of the request raise any issue of authenticity, ambiguity or doubt for the Library.
Notary service is free of charge, but donations are accepted.